Looking for a Cloud Engineer who possesses a balance of technical proficiency, business knowledge, with strong communication skills.
The Cloud Engineer will work closely with customers (other IT team and business lines) to understand their technology and business needs, and then design scalable, highly-available, and resilient cloud solutions based on these business needs.
The Cloud Engineer will work closely with other team members to implement these solutions, this may include Cloud Architect, Cloud Engineers, DevSecOps Engineers and Security Architects, as needed for implementation of Cloud services and solutions.
- Designing and building Cloud products and infrastructure to support our AWS and Azure based Cloud Platform services and infrastructure.
- Creating and utilizing tools to monitor our applications and services in the cloud including system health indicators, trend identification, and anomaly detection.
- Automating system build outs and the application deployment process
- Building web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services.
- Perform configuration management and disaster recovery tasks.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the company.
- Working with business line and development teams to help engineer scalable, reliable, and resilient software running in the cloud.
- Enhancing monitoring of systems, services and hardware to solve problems before they become problems for our customers.
- Analysing and monitor performance bottlenecks and key metrics to optimize software and system performance.
- Providing analytics and forecasts for cloud capacity, troubleshooting analysis, and uptime.
We are looking for a Cloud Engineer with following characteristics:
- Technical degree (Computer Science) or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ or more years of designing and implementing distributed architectures/applications
- 3 – 5 years of cloud-based Operations background understanding concepts such as distributed systems, alerting, monitoring, logging, and incident management.
- Experience with Azure Resource Manager and JSON templates, Python, AWS Cloud formation templates
- Experience with one or more AWS features, tools and technologies such as EC2, EBS, Glacier, S3, ELB, CloudFormation, Lambada, CloudWatch, VPC, RDS, Direct Connect, AWS CLI, REST API
OR / And
- Design and implement system architecture with Azure cloud – Develop automation scripts, ARM templates, Ansible, Chef, Python, Powershell Knowledge of Azure services like AKS, Azure Site Recovery, Network Watcher, Log Analytics, Application Insights Knowledge of enterprise design patterns and cloud design patterns- Knowledge on Cloud fundamentals like autoscaling, serverless
- Experience with DevOps and Infrastructure as Code: AWS or Azure environment and application automation utilizing CloudFormation and third-party tools. CI/CD pipeline setup utilizing
- Prior success in automating a real-world production environment with Puppet, Chef in production environments with many nodes
- Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
- A team player capable of high performance, flexibility in a dynamic working environment and the ability to lead.
- Strong communication skills – must be able to communicate effectively with technical staff and executives
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges