Dedicated Technician to support the requirements at site in Mexico City beginning Monday, March 15, 2021.
Candidate will perform installation, troubleshooting and closet switch port connectivity tasks. S/He will interface with client and vendors to provide project management to coordinate activities to meet client needs.
Languages: Spanish, English
Avaya equipment installed at site:
• R610 SRVR AES (Qty 1)
• G450 MP160 MEDIA GATEWAY NON-GSA (Qty 2)
• R630 SERVER VSMALL APPLIANCE VIRTUALIZATION PLATFORM (Qty 3)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface with client representatives to collect data necessary for defining communication requirements, installation, and costs.
- Interface with client groups to ensure consistency between implementation and client group needs.
- Develop punch lists.
- Assist in the training and development of staff.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Have good communication skills (both oral and written).
• Have the ability to comfortably interact with senior management and outside consultants on complex projects.
• Have the ability to work under pressure, handle multiple work assignments, prioritize work and be held fully responsible for decisions.
• Have the knowledge/background of industry standards.
• Have ability to resolve conflicts when they arise while maintaining good client relations.
• Have ability to analyze information, make recommendations, and develop reports and presentations.
Perform installation, upgrades, moves, adds, changes and maintenance on and surrounding the Avaya and related station equipment at the location in Mexico City, Mexico. Some of the activity may have to be performed after hours and/or weekends.
Conduct tests using various test devices to ensure proper system performance. Interpret and use worksheets, service orders, circuit diagrams, blueprints and other documentation to ensure proper installation of equipment. Prepare required installation and change records and documentation. Perform routine and preventative maintenance procedures and keep maintenance logs.
Technician should be provided with tools and necessary test equipment to perform his/her duties.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience of installing and maintaining Avaya products.
• High School Diploma
• Avaya Certified
Position should be based on a minimum of twelve (12) months, and a (40) hour work week, fifty-two (52) weeks.
The position will be backfilled with an equally qualified technician in the event of sickness, vacation, training, etc.